Did you know that your cooking gas cylinder also has an expiry date?
Did you know that your cooking gas cylinder also has an expiry date? If you do not know, we will show you where its expiry date is and how to check it. Cylinders with an expiration date are dangerous. So check the expiry date of the cylinder coming to your house this way.
- The cylinder tag has A-22, B-24 or C-23, D-21 written on it
- All four letters are divided into months
- Accidents can happen if testing is not done in time
LPG cylinders of Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum and Hindustan Petroleum have 3 tags. The weight of the cylinder is written on two tags and some numbers are written on the third tag. This fact has the expiry date of the cylinder.
Here’s how to check the expiry date of a cylinder
The cylinder tag has A-22, B-24 or C-23, D-21 written on it. These four letters are divided into months.
- A means January to March
- B means April to June
- C means July to September
- D means October to December
Numbers written after the numbers A, B, C and D are the expiration year. If D-22 is written on the tag, the cylinder will expire on December 2022.
Each LPG gas cylinder has a set time to use. That is, it is tested after expiration. And if it fails in this test it is avoided to use. Testing of a new cylinder has to be done in 10 to 15 years. The old cylinder needs to be tested every five years.
Where does testing take place?
The cylinders are tested in a gas cylinder plant. It is very important to test the cylinder when people have not used it for years. Accidents can happen if it is not tested in time.
This is the way to check the expiry date of the chamber
In these letters A methods January to March, B implies April to June, C implies July to September and D implies October to December. The numbers composed close to it relate to the year finishing the lapse month. For instance, if A-24 is composed on the chamber, it implies that the termination date of the chamber will be from January to March in the year 2024. On the off chance that B-20 is composed on the chamber, it implies that the chamber is finishing off with April-June 2020. Presently when purchasing a future chamber, make certain to check its expiry date.
Remember these things while working in the kitchen
- Wear a cotton cover rather than manufactured in the kitchen when taking a shot at gas. Since even a smidgen of engineered heedlessly bursts into flames rapidly.
- Remember to put something on the running gas. Give close consideration to it. Likewise open the entryways and windows for air course.
- Don’t coincidentally utilize incense sticks, candles or lights while working in the kitchen.
- Try not to put lamp oil or different ovens around where the gas is set.
- In the event of gas spill, expel the controller, put on wellbeing top and leave the chamber open and illuminate the merchant.
- Mood killer the gas controller and furthermore turn off all gas ovens.
- Re-apply the wellbeing top to the chamber