Shipping Corporation of India (SCI): Recruitment of Technical Assistants.
The Shipping Corporation of India (SCI) is a Public Sector Shipping Company. The company has diversified fleet operating in nearly all segments of shipping viz. Break Buk Services, Container Services, Liquid and Dry Bulk Services etc. The company has published a notification for recruitment to the posts of Technical Assistants. Candidates having B.E. / B.Tech Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Marine Engineering Can Apply Online For These Posts. Detailed Information is provided below.
Name of Exam:
- SCI Technical Assistants Recruitment 2021
Name of Organization:
- Shipping Corporation of India (SCI)
- Technical Assistant
- Total vacancies are 02
- Contract for a period of one (1) year, extendable twice by a period of six (6) months each at the sole discretion of the Corporation.
- The location would be Mumbai; however the Company at its discretion may post the officer at any of its offices/projects as per its requirement.
Salary / Pay Scale:
- Consolidated emoluments of Rs. 60,000/- per month.
- B.E. / B.Tech ( Mechanical or Marine Engineering)
Experience (If Any):
- Work Experience in PSU or similar organization or on ship (as Junior Engineer) for 1 year.
- Maximum 45 years
- Through Interview.
Last Date of Online Application:
The SCI occupies the Numero Uno position with its large and diversified fleet, operating in
nearly all segments of shipping viz. break-bulk services, container services, liquid and dry
bulk services, offshore services and passenger services. The company also mans and
manages vessels on behalf of various government bodies. The SCI continues to grow
through strategic alliances and new business opportunities.
The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. requires two Technical Assistants for Technical &
Offshore Services Division. Applications are invited for Technical Assistants on contract
basis for a period of one (1) year, extendable twice by a period of six (6) months each at the
sole discretion of the Corporation.
A. Job Profile
• To provide technical Assistance to Technical Supt.(Base Manager) in day to work for
Smooth operation of MODU as per O & M contract.
• Be responsible for procurement of spares, stores and assist Base manager in Class and Statutory issues of MODU, Sagar Vijay/ Sagar Bhushan.
• Carry out duties such as obtaining approval from ONGC for spares (High Value
Spares), tendering for non-OEM spares, etc.
• To process Engine/Deck/Radio spare part and stores as per Indents of the vessel in
consultation with Base Manager.
• Process Spares/Stores Indent after due approval from superintendent. Spares Indent
to be processes through OEM with clear specification and part codes for obtaining
most economical cost quotation.
• Spares supplies from Vendors other than OEM to be obtained after obtaining
management approval and inquiry floated on SCI & Govt. Website as per laid down guidelines.
• The quotation/s to be processed as per SCI Purchase manual with concurrence of
DFO and ID to arrive at L1 party.
• Management approval is to be obtained for each procurement as per DOPO clause.
• Place order for the spares parts, on getting dispatch readiness from the party, give
dispatch instructions accordingly.
• Liaison with supplier for dispatch of Spares and monitor arrival for SCI empanelled
CHA to clear spares and delivery onboard.
• Make online payment for Octroi as advised by clearing agent. After getting vouchers
signed by requisite officers, handover the vouchers to cash dept. for preparing pay
order. Hand over the pay order to clearing agent.
B. Terms and Conditions:
1. Eligibility Criteria (As on 01.04.2021):
I) B.E. /B.Tech ( Mechanical or Marine Engineering)
II) Well versed with working in English for drafting of letters to various parties and Administration.
III) Work Experience in PSU or similar organization or on ship (as Junior Engineer) for 1 year.
2. Age (upper age limit as on 01.04.2021)
Maximum 45 years
Two Technical Assistants for Offshore Division.
4. Period of Contract:
One year from date of joining, extendable twice by 6 months each at the sole
discretion of the Corporation. The contract tenure will be coterminous with SCI’s contract with ONGC.
5. Work Timings:
The normal work timings will be from Monday to Friday as per Company’s flexi
timings for regular shore employees. If required as per exigencies of work, they shall
be required to attend office on Saturdays or other holidays also without any
The location would be Mumbai; however the Company at its discretion may post the
officer at any of its offices/projects as per its requirement.
Consolidated emoluments of Rs. 60,000/- per month. No other perks/ benefits/ allowances shall be admissible. Income Tax will be deducted at source as per prevailing rules.
No company accommodation will be provided to the officer during the period of contract.
The officer will not be eligible for Company’s medical benefits. However, they will be
covered under the company’s Group Insurance Scheme in existence for accidents at workplace.
The contract may be terminated by either side by one month’s notice or payment of
notice pay in lieu thereof. However, the Corporation shall reserve the right not to
accept resignation/notice of termination should the circumstances so warrant i.e.
the disciplinary proceedings are pending or are contemplated against the officer.
C. How to apply:
Interested candidates should directly apply through the link provided on the Corporations website www.shipindia.com -> Career -> Shore-> Requirement of Technical
Assistants on contract (Advt. No. 02/2021) and send their updated resume via email on
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Application for Technical Assistants on
contract (Advt No. 02/2021)” along with the required qualification and experience
certificate as mentioned in Eligibility Criteria.
Last date of application: 21.04.2021
D. Selection Process:
Candidates who are found eligible as per above mentioned eligibility criteria would be
considered for the selection process. The candidates will be required to submit scanned
copies of required documents (Eligibility Criteria) and Experience Certificates if any in
PDF format. The Interviews will be conducted at Shipping House, Nariman Point,
Mumbai or through video conferencing depending upon the prevailing situation at the
time of Interview. The schedule will be notified on the Corporation’s website. The
Company reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of vacancies as per the
need or cancel the advertisement itself without any notification.